Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello!


I'm so excited to be starting a new blog. I hope to be able to use this to share my journey of learning to decorate cakes! Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, anything. I look forward to hearing from you! I have not always been the best with blogging but I am going to try hard to keep up on this one.


Well I think its appropriate to start this blog by including a picture of the first decorated cake I did. This was done for my husband Jay and my birthday this past August (2009). Our birthdays are only 1 day apart! I call this my 2 a.m. Buttercream Cake. I was attempting to make marshmellow fondant (MMF) but it failed miserably! So at 2 a.m. I finally said forget the fondant and decided to decorate in buttercream. I promised Jay that next year we will have a less girly birthday cake!


This was an 8" round chocolate cake decorated all in buttercream.

2 comments:

  1. Lyndsey, That is a beautiful cake. You did an awesome job... Look forward to seeing all your cakes. Love the title of your blog.

    ReplyDelete